10 Jun 2015

Week 45 Athens - Delphi


 
This Monday, P-day, the Zone took a trip to Delphi

Delphi  Δελφοί, is both an archaeological site and a modern town in Greece on the south-western spur of Mount Parnassus in the valley of Phocis. Myths include traditions that Pythia, or the Delphic oracle, already was the site of an important oracle in the pre-classical Greek world (as early as 1400 BC) and, rededicated from about 800 BCE, when it served as the major site during classical times for the worship of the god Apollo. Apollo was said to have slain Python, "a dragon" who lived there and protected the navel of the Earth. (source)



"In other news the mission have transfers this week and Elder Teal will be leaving Athens to serve as the Zone Leader in Cyprus. Working in Larnaca and serving with one of his MTC group, Elder Dixon. 

I'm feeling good, I'm excited about it! 

"Elder Peel will be here in Athens which means it will be a full year now, but as President told me, we have all of eternity to enjoy ourselves!"

"We have one new AP, Elder Klestrup, who will be with Elder Leppard who has been there since Elder Boyce left."

"The trip was really good! It was beautiful weather and the scenery was amazing, 
I'll send you all of the photos!"



 




"I was at the hospital this morning for a check up as my right knee is slightly swollen. It's just got like a soft raised area above the kneecap like a padding under the skin and doesn't hurt at all, it's just weird. The doctor said it's prepatellar bursitis, or "housemaid's knee", and is caused by excessive kneeling. I've got a praying injury! HaHa ! He said it's not a serious problem at all, especially as it doesn't cause any pain, I just have to not kneel on it for a while until it goes away.The doctor said to take ibuprofen, and to put ice on it each night. but it doesn't hurt at all, it's weird because when you touch it it's really soft, like a gel pad under the skin. And I've been kneeling on one knee, which I'll carry on doing with a cushion under my left knee"


"We said bye to H already and I will call him tonight."
"H was sad that we will be leaving, but happy as we will be able to help other people. I'm great full for H and for the friend he has become and also for his desire to share the happiness he has found with others" 


"Yesterday we were with Heracles, A's dad, and he taught us a load of Greek sign language. At the end he told us he's going to miss us a lot. And we have a lesson with A. today"

In an email to Elder Teal we told him that his blog was read in about 15 countries he replied with...

"I have had on several occasions now people come up to me who I don't know and are here visiting, and say "Hi Elder Teal!" before they've even seen my badge, it;s insane! And people have also told me "I know you but I don't you"

There are lots of pictures this week, clicking on any will make them bigger, and if you click HERE it will take you to the week 45 folder of our On-line storage so you can see more.



 

"At the end of the day, I'll do whatever I'm asked to do, and I'll do it happily. I love being a missionary and almost can't remember what it's like not to be."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...