4 Aug 2015

Week 53 Larnaca



"I'm on a bit later today as we had a zone trip this morning and P-Day finishes at 6 so I have about an hour! Here's a whistletop tour of my week:

On wednesday we had zone conference with Elder Dyches, where we talked about agency and responsibility, being agents and not objects, and following the spirit in teaching, it was fantastic.

On Thursday.... I flew out to Athens! Elder Burton and I went together with Sister Mueller in order to attend meetings on Friday. On Thursday night we went to see R and N (members), and they were so happy to see us. We stayed with Elders Peel and Deighton for the night which was great too.

On Friday we had too sessions of mission leadership council. At the first Elder Dyches was there again and spoke about agency again, and how leaders need to lead. He talked about how we need to decide what our mission culture is. President Heder also spoke really well about how he loves us and trusts us. In the afternoon we were able to go and see H (recent convert) which was fantastic.Then later we had the real council part, where we discussed some policies of the mission and made SO many changes. 

Basically the mission rules are now only the missionary handbook, PMG, and the scriptures. That means different rules about music, sport, time limit for email and so many other things. We also changed the way we report to our leaders. Also we will now have 6 week transfers, which means we won't have whitewashes. We flew back on Saturday morning, making it my 17th flight during my mission.

On Sunday I ordained P to the Aaronic Priesthood, and in the evening we had a lesson with his wife that went really well! 

 

 






 








"We had P's confirmation that I did in Greek and it went well. I couldn't remember what I said afterwards but Elder Dixon told me I said that he will be a leader and example for his family and that he will learn a lot in a short period of time."
 --------------
"We cleaned the apartment. I did the bathrooms and Elder D tidied the rest of the house and then I mopped the floors. It's actually quite satisfying doing it especially as you have a clean house afterwards."
--------------
"We had a lesson with A on the topic of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It went really well, he really wants to be baptised."
--------------
"We had district meeting where we talked about section 8 from PMG about How Do I use time wisely. We talked about setting goals and making plans."
--------------
"We stayed with the Acropolis elders. It was so good to have a more extended period of time with Elder Peel and have a laugh together. 
--------------
"President Heder said his motto will be "I love you, I'll trust you, I'll forgive you and I'll trust you again"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...